Here’s how I went about a FBA on the pleated bodice of Vogue 1025.
I find myself with a bit of a problem. Whilst my brain knows that making a muslin is not a waste of fabric I seem to be physically incapable of disposing of one once it’s made.
Which goes a little way to explaining this odd sweater/dress hybrid.
I want to make an
Today is just a brief one as I’m off to Edinburgh for a couple of days, but I’ve adjusted and re-cut the bodice of my Rooibos muslin so I think I’m ready to roll on the full version, hurray!
Going back to the first muslin here is the photo showing the length
More muslining today. This time I’m catching up on Colette Pattern’s Rooibos Sew-along. For the first go around I made a 2in full bust adjustment following the CP tutorial here. Then I graded to an 18 at the midriff and 18 +2in at the skirt.
The pattern itself was surprisingly quick
Fabric: Polyester print from Spotlight $8. Scraps from Pendrell Blouse for the collar.
Pattern: Colette Sorbetto, $Free, baby! Self-drafted collar.
Time to complete: 5 hours (including pattern alterations)
First worn: July 7 2011 – birthday lunch with little sis.
Wear again? For sure.
Total Cost: ~$8
Okay, so it hasn’t rained all the time since
… and here’s part two. Warning, my editing software putted out on me so this one is pretty wordy!
In case it’s needed here’s the picture of the adjustments to the front piece:
The first adjustment should match the gap filled at Line 3 on the side piece. The next is to
Procrastination leads me to many crazy pursuits. In my desire to put off packing, I’ve been doing a fair bit of sewing and decided to try making a video of the full bust adjustment on Sewaholic’s Pendrell Blouse.
The result is somewhat awkward (god it’s awful watching yourself on film) and
Here is the nice basic Full Bust Adjustment I used on the Tunic Dress.
Cut out your front pattern piece.
Mark the apex of the bust (if not already printed on the tissue).
Draw Line 1 straight up from the hem to the apex then to the stitching line of the arm hole,
Back when I made the Mermaid Dress I tried googling for instructions on completing an FBA on a gathered bodice. Whilst I found awesome instructions over at Sew Mama, Sew on a princess line adjustment (used many times now – check it out) I came up empty handed and proceeded