Here’s how I went about a FBA on the pleated bodice of Vogue 1025.
Continuing on my quest for work-wear that feels like PJs, I finally jumped on the Vogue 1250 bandwagon and like a broken record I can add my cry to the masses – “what took me so long?!”.
Made from a soft golden light-weight double-knit found on Goldhawk Road, I started cutting
I find myself with a bit of a problem. Whilst my brain knows that making a muslin is not a waste of fabric I seem to be physically incapable of disposing of one once it’s made.
Which goes a little way to explaining this odd sweater/dress hybrid.
I want to make an
Today is just a brief one as I’m off to Edinburgh for a couple of days, but I’ve adjusted and re-cut the bodice of my Rooibos muslin so I think I’m ready to roll on the full version, hurray!
Going back to the first muslin here is the photo showing the length
More muslining today. This time I’m catching up on Colette Pattern’s Rooibos Sew-along. For the first go around I made a 2in full bust adjustment following the CP tutorial here. Then I graded to an 18 at the midriff and 18 +2in at the skirt.
The pattern itself was surprisingly quick
Fabric: Polyester print from Spotlight $8. Scraps from Pendrell Blouse for the collar.
Pattern: Colette Sorbetto, $Free, baby! Self-drafted collar.
Time to complete: 5 hours (including pattern alterations)
First worn: July 7 2011 – birthday lunch with little sis.
Wear again? For sure.
Total Cost: ~$8
Okay, so it hasn’t rained all the time since
… and here’s part two. Warning, my editing software putted out on me so this one is pretty wordy!
In case it’s needed here’s the picture of the adjustments to the front piece:
The first adjustment should match the gap filled at Line 3 on the side piece. The next is to
Procrastination leads me to many crazy pursuits. In my desire to put off packing, I’ve been doing a fair bit of sewing and decided to try making a video of the full bust adjustment on Sewaholic’s Pendrell Blouse.
The result is somewhat awkward (god it’s awful watching yourself on film) and
Armed with my new found knowledge of Full Bust Adjustments, today I embarked on altering my Colette Macaron pattern. I’d already made a couple of attempts on my own but after watching the Palmer/Pletsch DVD reviewed yesterday I took a slightly different approach. There were still many steps to it,